Monday, July 20, 2009

July 19??? Seriously???

When Marc tried to convince me yesterday it was July 19th, I seriously thought he was kidding! I felt like someone had put me in a time machine and pressed fast forward. Where did the last 3 weeks go? Trying to shake the fog induced by sleep deprivation, I thought back. What the heck have we been doing? Is Marc's long awaited paternity leave really over? Although we didn't accomplish much from the "while Marc is off work" to do list, our family focused on way more important things like
- just staring at our adorable new son
- marveling over his funny faces and forehead wrinkles
- remembering how easy one kid was and wondering how we didn't know that at the time!
- lots of playtime at the park with Izzey
- agreeing with the 100th person that "yes! isn't funny how Ian is a little mini Marc?"
- answering Izzey 70 times that " yes, baby brother is looking around for you"
- trips to the pediatrician for weigh ins... (up to 6lbs 13oz! Go Ian go!!)
- enjoying the gourmet dinners our thoughtful friends brought over
- and of course, changing an estimated 943 diapers between both kids

Looking back, I get exactly what we have been doing the last 3 weeks. Marc, Izzey, Ian and I have spent the last 3 weeks just enjoying being together. Life is good even when you are tired. : )
(love these pictures because all of us look sleep deprived - except Ian of course!)

No comments: