I just love saying that...my son. My son Ian. There is nothing like having a little boy. His easy smile just lights up the room and makes my heart sing. A song of contentment mixed with excitement wondering what he will discover next. Ian is mostly easygoing with a slight spark of attitude when he doesn't get what he wants or worse we don't feed him fast enough! I love seeing that little spark already thinking good, he'll be able to stick up for himself on the playground when Mom supervision is no longer required. Mostly though I think about how lucky we are that he is so like his Daddy, friendly and laid back.
We celebrated Ian's first birthday on Saturday. As we were singing to his smiling face, it was literally a year ago that I was demanding the nurse get the doctor, this baby is coming NOW! Our once tiny little bundle of joy is now 22+lbs and starting to crawl. Life is changing for all of us, including Izzey as Ian is realizing there is a whole new world of toys available to him beyond his basket of blocks and books. She is not thrilled. I know that they will be best of friends if we can just survive the next couple of years!

I couldn't have dreamt up a more perfect addition to our family than the baby boy that joined us a year ago. We love you Ian. Happy Birthday Son.
1 comment:
Happy birthday Ian!
Post a Comment