Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Veggie Delight

Grandad Richard and Izzey maintained two p-patches at a local community garden this summer. Grandad would pick Izzey up on a Sunday afternoon and together they would tend to the garden losing complete track of time as they dug potatoes, picked peas, and pulled carrots. As much as I benefited from all the produce, Izzey reaped even more. A weekly science lesson with prizes coupled with one on one time with Grandad - priceless.
Her response when I asked if she wanted to have a garden with Grandad again next summer says it all "Double most certainly YES!"







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE... I remember my garden in our back yard when I was little. Those are memories she will never foget.. so sweet!

Veeandmike said...

I am so glad she is going to have these memories. I loved picking peas with dad and eating them all out of the bowl.