Sunday, April 12, 2009

Eggs to Dye For...

Yesterdays neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt was just a warm up act for the Milstein's. Feeling brave and artsy, I announced this morning that our family was going to embark on a family craft project. We were going to dye Easter eggs with a just turned 2 year old and we were going to like it! Actually, all 3 of us had a great time and somehow avoided any major food coloring disasters. I'm adding this one to my growing list of Milstein Family Traditions.
Marc and I staged a mini egg hunt in the playroom for after dinner. Each plastic egg had 2 M&M's - an absolutely goldmine for Izzey! After she found about 5 eggs, she put her little chocolate covered face right next to mine and said "Mommy, I've got to find another egg. Mommy, I've got to." Marc and I couldn't help cracking (get it? little Easter punny for you) up as she sounded like a little addict looking for her next chocolate fix. I guess choca-ddiction is hereditary... ; ) Only 3 more months to support my own habit with a pregnancy rationale.

No comments: