Monday, May 11, 2009

32 Weeks and Counting...

I cannot believe I am already 32 weeks pregnant with our little baby boy! Given that our July 9th due date is fast approaching, I know a pregnancy update is long overdue. All things considered (I'm carrying around a nearly fully developed human being directly positioned above my bladder and requiring 2 cubic feet for his amusement), I feel great.

This little guy is quite the acrobat, doing flips and giving karate kicks at all hours of the day and night. His peak exercise time is between 8-10pm. I read somewhere that babies in utero sleep 90% of the time. Apparently, Marc and I have bred an insomniac. Wish us luck!

We told Izzey about her baby brother last weekend. I have really been suprised at how much she seems to understand. She noticed a baby boy outfit at Costco and commented in her sweet little voice "That's cute Mama. That could be for my little baby brother." Izzey's happy to tell you her little baby brother is in Mommy's uterus and when he's finished growing he'll come out. She makes it sound so easy! If only...

Marc and I are meeting with our doula this weekend and have a childbirth refresher class scheduled in June. My goal is a calm, unmedicated birth and I'm feeling quite prepared and peaceful at this point. Check back in a month or so.

Marc is still trying to accept that our boy won't be called Michael Jordan Milstein, nor will he be referred to legally as Walter Payton Milstein. Given this roadblock, feel free to suggest names. We could use the help!

We'll keep you posted as the countdown continues...

4 comments:

Lou's News said...

Marc - how about Scotty Pippen Milstein? No what about Dennis Rodman Milstein? oh oh wait - Brian Urlacher Milstein "B.U.M"... Well that those were Jim Picks. My vote is for Mike Didka Milstein. Sorry we couldn't be of more help. But you know how sports obsessed our family is.

Rebecca C said...

I'm not sports obsessed so I can't make suggestions.

Fun to check in and SEE the progress!

Anonymous said...

hey judith! how exciting for you to have another baby on the way! And he could share a birthday with my mum! hope you are well. love the easter blog with izzey and her chocolate addiction! I can so relate! xx

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Oh how I remember the paint sample post and fondly think of it on my own often. I'm not kidding. I hate the color of our house and I can't wait until the day we can do the same thing! Whoohoo.

Your baby blue paint samples crack me up but the icing on the cake is that you chose one not even using the sample. Oh Judith. You are a riot.

I'm glad you are at peace with your birth plan. Can't wait to hear about your doula. Got your birthing ball blown up? I found mine with sand inside so it doesn't roll away...I think from Walmart. That handy extra was awesome I must say. Well, and you know that I feel that the ball is one of the most magical little instruments for labor that was ever made next to your doula's hands that is.

Cannot wait to hear your birth story and see pics of your beautiful baby boy!!!